CHANGES TO OPERATIONS
Fortier Mattila Appraisals is open for business and taking on new appraisal assignments within the province of Saskatchewan. Staff are currently working from home with the head office closed to the public. We are no longer accepting in person payments. Interior inspections are completed at the discretion of the inspecting appraiser, with both the appraiser and occupant needed to be comfortable in order to proceed. We can offer a virtual inspection aided by owner/occupant provided photos/video tour, click below to find out more.
NEW VIRTUAL INSPECTIONS EFFECTIVE MARCH 2020
In March of 2020 the Appraisal Institute of Canada working in conjunction with lenders and industry professionals across Canada introduced ‘Virtual Inspections.’ These appraisal reports will include a direct comparison approach with paired sales analysis and adjustments, a cost approach with a land value (except for strata title and townhouse type properties). These appraisal reports will include owner / site contact supplied photos of the interior of the property. These appraisal reports are CUSPAP compliant and are completed by Appraisal Institute of Canada designated and licensed members, and come with some additional extraordinary and limiting conditions as the appraiser did not inspect the interior of the property. We can complete a full appraisal (less the interior inspection) aided by:
- Assessment field sheet information
- Available MLS listing data (current and historical)
- Land titles information
- Past appraisals and or home inspections completed on the property
- Owner/Site contact consultation
- Owner/Site contact provided interior photographs/measurements
- Owner/Site contact video tour via Skype or otherwise
- Drive-by Exterior Inspection**
COVID19 Inspection and Photo Consent Form
1. COVID-19 Statements: By agreeing for us to complete a physical inspection of your property you are stating that to the best of your knowledge and understanding no one in your household or place of work:
– Is currently under medical quarantine, was under medical quarantine within the last 30 days, or is to be placed under medical quarantine.
– Has knowingly had direct contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or who is now under medical quarantine
– Are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 (including fever, loss of smell/taste) have tested positive, or are awaiting test results
– Are experiencing any flu like symptoms not related to COVID-19
2. PHOTOGRAPHIC CONSENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT –In accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the Appraisal Institute of Canada’s (AIC) Canadian Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (CUSPAP), your consent to allow photographs of the interior and exterior of the subject property and acknowledgement of same is required before photographs may be taken. The appraiser has been asked to complete a physical inspection of the property identified below for purposes of completing a real estate appraisal. In the process of completing a site inspection the appraiser will be taking interior/exterior measurements, notes and photographs to provide the appraiser and the client/intender user or authorized user of the appraisal report with information about the interior and exterior of the property. The information collected will be used only for the intended use identified in the appraisal report. Ie. When an appraisal is to be used for financing, refinancing, matrimonial settlement – that is the only intended user and that is the only thing the appraisal can be used for. The information will not be disclosed to a third party not related to the original intended use or purpose of this appraisal. I consent to the appraiser taking of photographs of the interior and exterior of the subject property and I understand that these photographs could include personal information which may include the presence of cannabis plants. I understand that, regardless of the above exemptions, these photographs could include personal information which may include the presence of cannabis plants
3. FULL INSPECTION PROCESS: (If you are comfortable with a full interior/exterior inspection) When the appraiser arrives at your property:
– Appraiser will conduct a telephone interview (from their vehicle) with the owner/site contacting lasting 10-15 minutes. To prepare yourself for the inspection, the appraiser requires the following information in order to complete the appraisal INSPECTION FORM(word) or INSPECTION FORM(pdf) (often times homeowners fill out this information before hand and can email it to email@example.com or text it to the appraiser when they arrive)
– If available please send a digital copy of blueprints emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
– To assist the appraiser please write out a list of renovations (within the last 10 years) and leave them on a table for appraiser to photograph
– Appraiser will enter the residence/building and ask that all occupants provide the appraiser 6-10 feet of room at all times.
– Appraiser will then complete a physical inspection of the home including taking photographs of every room.
– Appraiser will not touch anything in your residence including doorknobs, etc. (Please have all Rooms Open and all Lights on)
4. VIRTUAL INSPECTION PROCESS: (If you are NOT comfortable with a full interior/exterior inspection) When the appraiser arrives at your property:
– Appraiser will conduct a telephone interview (from their vehicle) with the owner/site contacting lasting 10-15 minutes
– Appraiser will NOT enter the residence/building, but will likely exit their vehicle to get additional exterior photographs/measurements
– Owner/site contact will connect via Skype, Facetime, Zoom and take the appraiser room by room through the property (Appraiser may take screenshots during the inspection)
– If owner/site contact CANNOT connect via the above methods they can provide the appraiser with interior photographs, specifying the date of the photos, and complete the following INSPECTION FORM(word) or INSPECTION FORM(pdf) and email back to email@example.com
NOTE: Please do not assume that we are rushing, we are concerned with public safety and must to do our part. Our appraisers have completed hundreds of inspections and all of our appraisers have 8 to 20+ years of experience. Should we have further questions we will contact you after the inspection. If you agree to the above terms and conditions please complete the following: