NOTICE: COVID-19 Protocol
We are still open for business. Our appraisal staff are taking on new assignments. Office staff are now working from home and our main office building is closed to the public.
*Our appraisal team is returning to completing physical interior onsite inspections. Interior inspections are completed at the discretion of the inspecting appraiser – on a case by case basis. We will continue to evaluate as the COVID19 Pandemic evolves. IF the appraiser is opting to complete a full interior inspection we ask that owners/occupants social distance appropriately, turn on all lights, open all doors, have property tax information and a list of renovations written down and placed on a table for the appraiser to photograph. We are happy to offer Virtual Inspections to any clients who are more comfortable with that type of inspection versus a full inspection.
NEW! Virtual Inspections
In March of 2020 the Appraisal Institute of Canada working in conjunction with lenders and industry professionals across Canada introduced ‘Virtual Inspections.’ These appraisal reports will include a direct comparison approach with paired sales analysis and adjustments, a cost approach with a land value (except for strata title and townhouse type properties). These appraisal reports will include owner / site contact supplied photos of the interior of the property. These appraisal reports are CUSPAP compliant and are completed by Appraisal Institute of Canada designated and licensed members, and come with some additional extraordinary and limiting conditions as the appraiser did not inspect the interior of the property. We can complete a full appraisal (less the interior inspection) aided by:
- Assessment field sheet information
- Available MLS listing data (current and historical)
- Land titles information
- Past appraisals and or home inspections completed on the property
- Owner/Site contact consultation
- Owner/Site contact provided interior photographs/measurements
- Owner/Site contact video tour via Skype or otherwise
- Drive-by Exterior Inspection**
We are no longer accepting payment in person. To make payments please consider the following payment methods:
- E-transfer (offered by all financial institutions) email to email@example.com use password appraisal
- VISA/Mastercard over the phone. We can process this over the phone at 306-937-5073
- Mail a cheque to Fortier Mattila Appraisals Inc., Box 3098, Battleford, SK S0M0E0
We will no longer be providing paper invoices, receipts, or paper copies of reports (We can provide all of this digitally)
Thank you for your support of our business, and thank you for helping to flatten the curve.